English Forum Switzerland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
yaxir

Got a warning note from my neighbor about loud music - but i don't play music ? Empty Got a warning note from my neighbor about loud music - but i don't play music ?

Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 am
grüezi

i came home really late today ( about 3 am) from work

and i found a note on the floor from my neighbor (in german) that basically warned that if i play loud music after 22.00, they will call the police

i don't play any music in my apartment and i only listen to music through earphones

i wrote on the backside of the note that i don't play any music and i only use earphones to listen to music - and that they can talk to me if to clear any confusions

the only sources of sound from my room can be;

• my mechanical keyboard with blue switches - highly doubt it can be heard across the wall?

my electric toothbrush - which i use sometimes late at night (say 3 or 4 in the morning)

and that's it

i don't speak or talk loudly .. except when i am home in the day and even then, i don't scream - i talk normally

i ask here because i am really scared of any legal consequences - i am already suffering from multiple health issues and stress is already killing me

the last thing i need is police called on me - i am also not fluent in german, so i am super scared because of that as well

so my question is - what should i do ? how should i proceed in this situation ?

P.S : please note, i am very badly scared right now - i will appreciate your help in this!

EDIT : it could be my phone alarm - but if it rings after 7 am in the morning, is that considered to be loud music outside the quiet times? AGAIN - i am not sure, i hope to clear it up with the nachbar .. i am just very scared and stressed!
moggy

Got a warning note from my neighbor about loud music - but i don't play music ? Empty Re: Got a warning note from my neighbor about loud music - but i don't play music ?

Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:06 pm
No need to worry if Police arrive, tell them what you told us.  Be relaxed with them, you might tell them something about yourself.  where you work and so on.  Relax, from my partners meeting with Swiss Police, there were extremely pleasant, as he was relaxed.

Though it was a tad funny, they drove him to his flat/apartment, that he only moved into a few days before arriving back to Switzerland and had left whatever paper of ID they needed there.  We giggled so much what the  two lots of neighbours thought, as they never questioned us.  Just the communal front door, that was always left unlocked was then locked for one or two days.  He was not fined, guess because he was so pleasant and they knew nice people who worked with him.  All in all a very pleasant and good thing to happen, as they would know him and his car in that village, never a problem.

Separately, as you did not mention where the neighbours are in location to your home.  We whilst in London had a communication with new neighbours above us, the problem was the ringing bells, alarms on our mobile phones.  His set early and mine set a little later in case he does not wake up.  He is quick to turn his off and sometimes, mine would continue to ring.  So now he either takes my phone out of room or turns it off when alarm goes off, problem solved.  Though it did take them awhile to track down where the noise was coming from and at first questioned their immediate neighbours, another language, who took offence (we gave them chocolates for their children, all cool there)

Sorry to read your Stress Levels high, hope you manage to bring them down,  Do know what it is to have multiple health issues.

All the Best
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum