English Forum Switzerland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
inZug

moved here too... Empty moved here too...

Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:06 am
Hi all, was so sad to see the old forum go... happy to be here too! Hope soon we can be up and running like this never happened... thanks all mods and others to make this happen. inZug.
3Wishes
3Wishes
Admin

moved here too... Empty Re: moved here too...

Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:35 pm
Hi there inZug. Glad you found us. Smile

Can I ask whether you found us via a Google search, or Reddit, or you knew before EF shut down? We're trying to ascertain how word is getting around now that EF is completely offline.

There's another, more active alternative forum set up at https://swissforum.co.uk - if you prefer a more lively place.

But you're fine here too. Mods are splitting their time on both sites to try and give people options, especially as many will have been caught totally off-guard by the shutdown.
inZug

Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:53 pm
Hey, thanks 3Wishes/all,
So, I've been an "old time" member in EF (Jun 2014) (ok.. not as old timer as most of you....) ... so I followed the demise and wrote down the site here and the other location before it went down.. thus my posting here.

but yes, searching for it in google is a nightmare.. Sad

and its soooo sad to have lost all the info there Sad
3Wishes
3Wishes
Admin

Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:00 pm
Thanks for the info @inZug. A lot of information was lost, but we know members were trying to save their own posts and some threads, and some info was able to be copied over. A few of the IT gurus seem to have saved info as well, which now needs to be converted.

This site is not the most active of the two options that were set up. If you want more activity, head over to https://swissforum.co.uk. The numbers of people who have signed up to one or both sites is encouraging. Smile

We'll keep this forum up for a while too, so post wherever you like.
Sponsored content