English Forum Switzerland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AlexSec

Taxation 2023 question Empty Taxation 2023 question

Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:59 pm
Hi all,

Since we don't have that many categories, I will just post here.
Regarding this magical period of the year when you need to submit your tax form.
Had a little walkthru with the online form (logged in with the new application) and was wondering about the provisional tax burden, because I am sure I am not doing something correctly.
So let's put the magic number as income of 120.000, with all deductions possible (SBB/eat in town)... I still get over 10 k in Cantonal tax and about 2 k in the Federal Tax.
I understand that this is a high level estimation, but would be courious if you have similar values there or probably I forgot to add something, keeping in mind that I am also on a B permit (some taxes already payed).
I am initially trying to figure it out myself and not pay 700 CHF for "expat" friendly services, because I would like to be able to import the 2023 situation in the next year online.
PS --> the whole site is Google translated for me, so off-course some words do not make sense there, but the main question is about the simulation after you insert all of your values/docs
All the best,
Alex
3Wishes
3Wishes
Admin

Taxation 2023 question Empty Re: Taxation 2023 question

Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:10 pm
Welcome, AlexSec.

I take it you're on Quellensteuer right now and are considering whether or not to file a regular return, so you're crunching numbers? I'm not a tax expert, but a tax rate of 10% sounds like a bargain, even an error.

This replacement website for EF seems awfully quiet compared to the other one. You might have more traction getting answers over there?
https://swissforum.co.uk

You're fine to post here too, but it's getting far fewer page views as best I can tell.

Good luck!
AlexSec

Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:21 pm
Hi 3Wishes,

Thanks for the reply.
Indeed I am on the site, and because this is my first year of doing the whole thing, I am looking into all solutions.
So you would be saying that from a gross 120.000 salary, to pay 12 k is normal ? Keeping in mind that with withholding tax, a sum has been already been payed ....
Most ppl I have talked about this, told me that they either did not received anything to pay for the last years or it was around 1-2 k / year .. that's why I am asking for other opinions here ? seems a bit steep 12k Smile
Will try also the other forum. Thanks
AlexSec

Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:19 pm
Well, I think I got all my answers on the other forum, we can close this thread.
To bad there is not to much activity here thou ...
All the best,
Alex
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum