English Forum Switzerland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
3Wishes
3Wishes
Admin

Possible security issue with uploading images Empty Possible security issue with uploading images

Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:00 pm
I wanted to let everyone know right away about a potential security issue with uploading images. I have received an email that looks suspicious, and it went to the email address I use for this site. It addresses me by 3Wishes.

Yesterday, I uploaded my own avatar and that of Queen of Cups. Today, I received an email from a site called servimg.com. It claims I am now registered, with the same username and password as on here. Of course, I've not gone over there to log in!

Some internet searching shows that servimg is an image hosting site. It, along with this site, are owned by a company called e-Toxic. Great choice for a company name, btw. As such, servimg is the hosting site for images on this platform.

I have crawled through the terms of service and privacy policy of forumotion. Nowhere does it state that this site will share my info including password to create a new account on a new site.

Further searching shows that one can change the username and password on servimg without it affecting the username and password here.

I don't care whether they're owned by the same company, this is sketchy - particularly the idea I have been automatically registered on another site with the same email, username and password.

I don't know whether it's a scam and they happen to be related companies, or whether it's legit. I don't like it either way and wanted to flag it.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum