English Forum Switzerland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Meloncollie

Howdy -  and help with including links in a post needs Empty Howdy - and help with including links in a post needs

Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:12 pm
Well howdy y'all.

Thanks to all who are involved in the effort to keep the EF community, and the knowledge it has shared over the years,  alive. Your efforts are appreciated, and impressive!

The Muttley Crew and I are happy to be here, and happy to help in anyway we can.

I've put together a post summarizing many of the basic legalities affecting pet owners in Switzerland, includng links to official sources. Need for that info is perhaps a key reason those new to Switzerland start searching, so it's good to have it in once place. But I find that when I preview the post, the links disappear. This happens with a plain text link as well. What am I doing wrong?  (Bear in mind I am technologically challenged...)

Looking forward to  EF 2.0 (Or would that be 4.0?)
3Wishes
3Wishes
Admin

Howdy -  and help with including links in a post needs Empty Re: Howdy - and help with including links in a post needs

Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:19 pm
Hey Meloncollie! I think the link issue has to do with a setting that new users can't post external links for a week. I thought I changed it, but maybe I didn't click save.
Meloncollie

Howdy -  and help with including links in a post needs Empty Re: Howdy - and help with including links in a post needs

Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:05 pm
Thanks 3W!

I'll wait a bit before posting one of my walls o' text then.

( Some things never change. Surprised )
3Wishes
3Wishes
Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:08 pm
Never change, Meloncollie! Very Happy
zuzi666
zuzi666

Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:17 pm
I am currently thinking to get a new dog and was thinking yesterday- I will loose all the information that Meloncollie shared with us!
Thanks for your work Meloncollie
itsjess
itsjess

Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:27 pm
I am so pleased you've joined up here, meloncollie!! My first thought when I saw the message about EF shutting down was all the valuable doggo information that I've learned from you that would be lost Sad
Edot-ennui
Edot-ennui

Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:47 am
So glad to see you here.
Queen of Cups
Queen of Cups

Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:31 pm
So happy to see you here Melloncollie. Couldn’t get by without your advise and info!
Leo
Leo

Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:02 pm
I am SO glad to see familiar usernames from the EF b.c.!! I'm still grieving the loss of the most dependable - and free - database of useful info for expats in Switzerland. Thank you Meloncollie for keeping up the same spirit of knowledge sharing Smile Please do share the link once you have the opportunity to do so - or...have you shared somewhere I can't see? Please bear in mind that I too am technologically challenged...!!
moggy

Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:10 pm
MellonCollie, lovely to see you back on this the new English Forum for Switzerland. Have learnt much of interest from you over the years. All good wishes from Moggy. Big Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum